Having trouble getting your novel rolling?
Struggling to figure out what's not working with your plot, pace, or characters so you know how best to revise?
Free Story Structure Worksheets
These free story structure worksheets can help you think about your plot in a big-picture way. Without stifling your creativity or wedding you to an outline.
It's the perfect balance between plotting and pantsing.
If You Want Feedback
If you feel it might be helpful to get feedback on your plot, you can send me your filled out story structure worksheets or outline, and even some early pages.
You can also do that if you're rewriting and want some help shaping the plot.
Here are your options:
Plot Only ($99)
What you'll get:
- Review of your filled-out worksheets or your plot outline (up to 1,000 words)
- Written feedback on your key conflict, major plot turns, significant subplots, and resolution of your story
Outline And Pages ($249.00)
What you'll get:
- Outline review and critique described above plus
- Review of your initial chapters (up to 4,000 words)
- Written feedback on the initial hook, key conflict, pace, point of view, major plot points for main plot and key subplots, characterization, and general flow of the writing
Email me at [email protected] to check my review schedule and for more details. Include 1-3 sentences about your novel, how many words you've written (if any), which package interests you, and any questions you have.
Not sure you're ready?
Send an email anyway. You never know, you might be farther along than you think.
If you'd like a sense of the types of plot issues I look at, check out an episode of my podcast Buffy and the Art of Story. You don't need to have watched Buffy — I break down each episode as I go.